Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iPhone says that I have activation lock, but my password

Customer Question

my iPhone says that I have activation lock, but my password ***** ***** working, how can I get to getting email to reactivate my phone, ????
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: about 2 month ago since then I was getting message to log in , but I was postponing
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it's not letting me do anything at all
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ricky Kresslein replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

It sounds like you entered an incorrect password ***** many times so your phone has locked up. If the password ***** ***** working, you will need to reset your iPhone to factory settings. This will erase any information on your device, but will allow you to choose a new password. I can walk you through this process if you would like?