Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can you guide me in how to erase history including

Customer Question
downloads. Cookies etc for chrome...
Can you guide me in how to erase history including downloads. Cookies etc for chrome and Firefox? Thanks this is in a pc laptop
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
7/29/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please note this is Pc ,I may pose a Mac question later

For chrome history:

Clear all your history

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More .
  3. Click History History.
  4. On the left, click Clear browsing data. A box will appear.
  5. From the drop-down menu, select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, select the beginning of time.
  6. Check the boxes for the info you want Chrome to clear, including “browsing history."

Downloads:

Delete a file from your download history

You can delete all or some of your download history. The files won't be removed from your computer. Deleting just cleans up your Downloads page on Chrome.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More Downloads.
  3. For each download that you want to remove from your history, at the top right, click Remove .

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95607?hl=en

For firefox history:

Clear your entire browsing history

1. Go to the History panel on your home screen.
  2. Tap on Clear browsing history at the bottom of the History panel.

Tap OK to confirm.

For downloads:

Will be the same.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox

Each question you ask is rated and closed out. New ones can be made for your mac when

you are ready.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sometimes the Firefox does not let do this, the delete history shows but is not clickable if you know what I mean
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In either one can't an expert look at hidden places on the disk and retrieve history in spite of being erased by user (or admin)

Then i would delete your firefox *save any bookmarks or favs by exporting them if you need to* Reboot.

and redownload the most current version of firefox. It will wipe everything this way.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are cookies gone with this?

Yes. There will be an old firefox data folder, but unless you have a tech looking at your computer, they wont find it

in most cases.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could you clarify this last on Firefox? I uninstalled it and then reinstalled and history came back

It will depend. What version of windows are you on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 7

Finding your profile without opening Firefox

1. From the Start Screen, click the Desktop tile. The Desktop view will open.
  2. From the Desktop, hover in the lower right-hand corner to access the Charms.
  3. Select the Search charm. The Search sidebar will open.
  4. In the search box, type in:
    %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
    without pressing Enter. A list of profile folders will appear.
  5. Click on the profile folder you wish to open (it will open in a window). If you only have one profile, its folder would have "default" in the name.

Alternatively, you can find your profile by pressing the key and then start typing: %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\

Delete those folders that you see in there for your old profile and put firefox back on your machine.

It will not have a folder to remember you by when you create another firefox download/install.

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me try it and I will get back are you available tomorrow evening sorry took so long to respond was out most of weekend

Ok, let me know when you get in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I eliminate closed tabs , they show as part of history( in Firefox)

Once you reset, close firefox and open them again you should have all your history then erased.