Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad will not turn on. the screen is black and when I…

Customer Question
My iPad will not turn...
My iPad will not turn on. the screen is black and when I push the start buttons, a little microphone-type thing comes up with a zig zag lightening thibng like above it, but I can't get the screen.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
7/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

If you have already tried to Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo, then the only thing left to try is to try and update or restore the ipad with your computer and itunes but putting the ipad into whats called "recovery mode" see pic attached to this message. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. If choosing "update" doesn't work then then you may have no choice but to choose restore instead which will wipe the ipad clean.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Let me know if you need help during the steps. Just let me know.

It has been a couple days without a response so I will release this question to other experts in hopes that you may return at a later time.

Thanks for your time.

Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 11 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Do you still need help with your issue?