Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can't get emails on google account because it says it's out…

Customer Question
Can't get emails on...

Can't get emails on google account because it says it's out of storage space, but I've erased everything?

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Browser mail, and have it synced to mac mail.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

Maybe's it's a sync issue with mac, but the google mail server is not showing any emails, so I don't know how it's over its limit.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thank you.
  • The message displayed might be delayed, i.e. after free up some space, it might take time until the message is up to date.
  • If you delete messages and files, they are moved to Trash and still counting against your quota. Items in Trash will only be deleted after 30 days or when you do in manually (please keep in mind that after items are deleted from the Trash you can never get them back).
  • When you delete files in the Googles Spreadsheet, Doc or Presentation format, no space will be freed as they do not count against the quota in the first place.

Go in and follow this document to clear up more storage space. If you still have to much,

you may have to actually purchase more space or make another gmail.

However, this usually clears everything as it should be for you.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6374270?hl=en

Let me know if you get stuck or need more help resolving.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I'm pretty good on the computer but am not understanding what's happening here. Do you need to connect?
I've already deleted all the trash. There are no emails, and haven't been for a day, but it's still not receiving anything and is saying it's using 121% of storage space. I don't use google cloud or anything but mail

I understand, but this is what gmail is asking when you get that message.

Go in your gmail and follow all the steps on that document. Some things need to

be cleared you may not even 'see'.

Please advise?

I've read that article and have done everything on it.

Ok, then you are getting a false positive. It may take time to update. I will send

this to other experts to review. Please standby.

Mac Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist

Hello. My name is Michael. I have an additional suggestion that may help.

But first, I need to know where you are seeing the message. If you log into your gmail account in your web browser, it should show you on that page how much of your gmail storage is used. Do you see that on the gmail browser page?

It's all the way at the bottom of your inbox page. Bottom left. It says xx% of xGB used... something similar to that.

do you see that?

I found the answer, how do I stop this service?

Do you have a membership, or was this a one-time question?