Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My settings icon is missing on my home screen. iPhone 6s

Customer Question

My settings icon is missing on my home screen.
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: iPhone 6s plus
JA: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just noticed it this morning. Tried rebooting but didn't work.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't believe so
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The Settings app is a part of system and it can't be deleted. So it is possible that you put it a folder. Check the second screen or further screen and do you see the icon in any folders ?

If not, then press the Power button. In the lock screen, swipe to right from left and this will bring Search. Type "Settings" there and it will show there. You can also search from home screen (swiping down from the middle to bottom). This will open Settings. Then open General > Reset and tap Reset Home Screen Layout. That will bring it back..

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.