Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I haven't been on my iPad for 3 days, and now it won't

Customer Question

I haven't been on my iPad for 3 days, and now it won't accept my thumbprint or my password
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?
Customer: my husband thinks it's 10.3.3
JA: When did you purchase your iPad? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: He gave it to me for my birthday July 18th 2017. I done any troubleshooting - just entered the password ***** and get locked out for longer & longer periods of time
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Please try to restore your iPad device, Important : This will cause you to lose all data (photos, files, ect...) currently on device. If you made a backup prior to losing the password, you should be able to restore that.

Here are the steps to restore the iPad :

1-Download Itunes from : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

2-Install itunes and plug in your iPad to your pc

3-press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake/power button at the same time for 45 seconds until the Apple logo appears, once that appears you can release the buttons

4-iTunes will give message iTunes has detected an iPad in recivery mode you must restore this iPad to continue

5-click restore if it does not go through click on the iPad in the left hand side of iTunes and click restore

6-restore iPad and now you should have your iPad back.

Additional Information : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shrc3FeCJEQ

Let me know the results,

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Has everything worked out, Do you still need help please?