Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I owned an apple e-mac for years and then a macbook. I have

Customer Question

I owned an apple e-mac for years and then a macbook. I have many important files in appleworks 6. My school district recently upgraded all of our older macbook files to lion (10.7). Now find that I can't open any appleworks files. How can i translate them to microsoft word files?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: My Macbook was purchased in 2009 and the system currently installed is 10.7.5.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I think that is the last thing installed
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. I don[t know anything about troubleshooting. I know if Iput them into text edit and then into adobe reader I can somehow get a translation, but it's very cumbersome. Is there a program I can purchase which would transcribe them for me?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm thinking of purchasing a
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Iworks applications, such as pages or numbers can open old apple works files.

You should have pages on your mac. Check your applications. If you dont have it you can purchase it rather cheaply.

You can order iworks 09 here for 15$, which contains the programs you need if you dont have them already.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am credited for assisting you.

If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you, did you still want help with this issue, if so please respond and I can either assist you over the phone, or connect to your computer directly or just work by email.

If my suggestions fixed the issue, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating as thats the only way I am credited for my time and effort in helping you.

If you no longer want help please respond so I can send you the refund link.

Thank you,

Dustin S