Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

It is frozen on a screen that has the ITunes logo and a

Customer Question

It is frozen on a screen that has the ITunes logo and a picture of a charger cord???? I completed the updates last night, that it requested I do, and it hasn't worked ever since. It's an Ipad Air.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: I have no idea
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, last night
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I held the power button and the home button down together, then the home button alone. That's when this screen popped up. Before that, it was just the apple logo, frozen.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That screen indicates that the firmware/software of your iPad is corrupted. This happens if the iPad was interrupted during the update. You need to update or restore the iPad software through iTunes application (from computer). Updating will not delete anything, but restoring will delete everything from the iPad unfortunately. But we will try to update it without restoring first, so if there is any way to get your date, this will do it.

But if you've backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad from your computer.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer. iTunes will ask you to update or restore your iPad . Try Update first.

This will download the firmware and once it is finished, it will update. If it gives any error, disconnect and reconnect your iPad. Then hit Update again.

If that didn't work, then repeat the steps again and this time click Restore.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't download ITunes to my PC because it belongs to the school system I work for. I have to have an administrator authorize this download.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

You need to have an access to a PC with administrator access to download iTunes. iTunes is required to restore the iPad to working condition. Your iPad is asking you to restore it from iTunes

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Great. Not really. I shouldn't have completed the updates. Every time I have updated the device, I have problems. Thanks for your help. I guess I will be without my Ipad until school starts next week. My IT guy can help.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Isn't possible to get access any other computer there ? You can restore it from any computer, PC or Mac, with iTunes installed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't know. I will see if my son's computer works, when he gets home. Thanks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

It will. All you have to do is, install iTunes, connect the iPad and it will ask you to update or restore. Choose Update first and wait for the firmware/software to be downloaded (you can see the progress by clicking the download button at top right in iTunes). Once it is downloaded, it will be re-updated. If you get any error on first try, then repeat the steps again. Make sure you follow the instructions correctly. That will work.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

And you're welcome ! Add a bookmark of this page, so if you face any issues, you can get back to me and I will continue to help you without any additional payment.

Best Regards,

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi there, Did you get a chance to restore the iPad ?