Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

Can I play a slide show in MPEG-4 format on 42LB5600. I put

Customer Question

Can I play a slide show in MPEG-4 format on 42LB5600. I put a flash drive with the slide show on the USB port but could not get it to play. Please help
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 2014 42LB5600
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no I can go to AV and play movies
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: I have never tried to play a slide show via a USB connected flash drive
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the slide show was made via MAC OS 10.12..5 in PHOTOS and then exported - the format is MPEG-4
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You can only use MP3 music files and Jpeg or JPG photos on the TV, not MPEG-4 videos sorry.

If you wish to play a slide show you are best to just put the photos onto the USB device, and then open the USB device on the TV via SETTINGS USB Photo List

This will show the pictures.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you