Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

We cannot update my wife's iphone 7. NONE of the

Customer Question

We cannot update my wife's iphone 7. NONE of the numbers/passwords work and she has subsequently changed her phone number, so recovery seems impossible at this time. Is there somewhere we can start ??
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Not a clue. She does some of this on her own, and I'm now trying to clean up the mess
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: unable as her password(s) don't work
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was hoping to recover through her Apple ID, but none of that seems to be current
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of at this time
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Your only hope for an instant fix is what it sounds like you already tried which is to go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and enter your apple id and continue in hopes to get some options that will work for you to reset the password. Sometimes, it will give you an alternative choice at the bottom of the screen. For example, if it was trying to send you a verification code through a text, but her phone number is ***** correct, there should be a "Choose a different number" or "I don't have this number" link at the bottom of that particular screen.

If that does not work then you will have no choice but to contact apple directly but you will need to show proof of purchase and it could take a couple business days for them to unlock the phone for you. Plus, it may need to be your wife that calls due to security reasons. In case you need it the apple care support is https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232 or 1-***-***-****

Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

It has been a couple days without a response so I will release this question to other experts in hopes that you may return at a later time.

Thanks for your time.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Do you still need help with your issue?