Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

OH boy... planning a funeral and my 6Plus phone, in the

Customer Question

OH boy... planning a funeral and my 6Plus phone, in the middle of call, just died and wont turn on; tried charging, tried different cords... have it plugged into desktop and still nothing....
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: I'm unsure
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: maybe about 4-5 days ago...
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: plugged into charger... plug into desktop... held down home button and thee on switch on the right....
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: we are in a time sensitive crises... have not dropped the phone... no water exposure and no extreme heat...
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

If you already did the :

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

And you already tried different cords

The only thing left to try would be to plug it into your computer again, BUT trying to put the phone into recovery mode first and then open itunes and see if it will wake up the phone. Here is what to do for the recovery mode steps.

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo. This is one of the most important steps. If it works, your phone should look like the screenshot I have attached to this message.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.