Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Can you tell me how to hook up to play games with friends.

Customer Question

Hi, Mike, my name is***** you tell me how to hook up to play games with friends. Without Game Center it's impossible.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: 10.3.2
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Sure. Whenever they are available, but Game Center is not a part of them.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What's to try if Apple got rid of Game Center. I have tried to hook up with my sister with email, phone number and game handle. She has i products also
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you saying that someone is going to call me? If so, does that cost
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Basically, game center is still running in the background but there just is not an app offered anymore. There is still some settings in settings>game center but there isn't much settings you can play with.

So the answer is if there is an app that has game center built into the app then it will automatically show you that as an option within the game. Also, most games have social media options to play with family and friends. It just all depends on the app creator/programmer at the time of creating the game on which one they decided to use or sometimes both options facebook and game center.

Usually what I do is text a friend what game I am playing and then if the game allow you to choose what friends to play then I find them through there and then send an invite from inside the game.

I hope that has helped. If not please ask me any questions you may still have regarding this.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps others know I am here to help.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Do you still need help with your issue?