Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Received an email advising my Apple ID is locked under

Customer Question

Received an email advising my Apple ID is locked under existing case ID 189FHF82G938. When I responded to the email I was requested to submit, name and credit card number. I typically do not submit this information without verifying it is being requested by the source indicated. Have no idea why the ID was locked. Have had major billing issues of late as my husband passed away and updating account to my name. Catherine M. Flood
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: My husband changed it and I have no idea when.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: To the IPad? Yes if Apple instructed me to.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

That's a scam/phishing email sent by a rogue third party and not by Apple. Apple will never solicit personal or financial information via email, so you may simple disregard and delete such types of emails as they come.

Also, please open up the following link:

https://appleid.apple.com/

If you are able to log in there with your Apple email address and password, it will confirm that your account has not been locked in any way.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you.