Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Line with circle through, Macbook air '13 im not sure on OS,

Customer Question

Line with circle through
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Macbook air '13 im not sure on OS
JA: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: For like 20 minutes , I tried starting it up again
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need it fixed right now since my phone isn't working either it says connect to iTunes
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The circle with line indicates that the system files are corrupted, moved or deleted. It is also possible that the storage partition is corrupted which is a serious issue.

Now we can try to reinstall your Mac OS X. Reinstalling OS X won't delete any of your files. It will just replace the corrupted system files with new one and that should fix the problem unless it is partition structure related.

Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilities screen. From there, click Reinstall Mac OS X. Then follow the instructions to reinstall your Mac OS X.

If that didn't work, then restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command, Option and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to installation screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.