Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

Was trying to read a disc in my USB Superdrive, 2016 MacBook

Customer Question

Was trying to read a disc in my USB Superdrive, 2016 MacBook Pro, and computer did't read it and am trying to eject?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: 2016
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: usually only use drive for movies and have all software for that, just you
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

What have you tried so far to eject the disc? There are several things you can try. IS there a disc icon on the desktop that you try and drag to where the trash is which turns into an eject icon? Do you try this and nothing happens, or maybe the disk icon dos not even show on the desktop. If that is the case you can try and eject the disk by trying the following:

Force quit the finder by clicking on the apple icon (top left corner of the screen) > Force Quit > choose "Finder" in the list > click the force quit button. Then try and eject again.

If that does not work you can restart your mac but hold down your mouse clicker (trackpad click), hold it down the entore time the mac is restarting until the mac is back at the sign in screen or desktop area.

If that does not work you can open disk utility (in applications/utilities). Inside disk utility see if the superdrive or disc shows up on the left hand side menu. If it does, select it and then at the top of the disk utility window choose the "edit" word and then "eject".

Let me know what happens.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.