Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My fone its been disable and can go in my phone ..i did buy

Customer Question
hi my fone its been...
hi my fone its been disable and can go in my phone ..i did buy this phone by a friend marco van der merwe
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: its a iphone 5s 32gig
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: yes i cant seem to use the phone any more it shows iphone have been disable
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just that thats all
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
7/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 4 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

iPhone would be disabled if you enter incorrect code for multiple times. Since it is disabled, your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode/disabled screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 8 seconds.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

ok will do so know

If you have any difficulty on following the steps, let me know and I will continue to help you. Remember, it may take a few efforts to get it to DFU restore mode. So make sure you do the steps correctly and timing is very important as well.

i dont have any more funds left

If you are talking about secure remote, it is completely optional and it is an automatic offer sent by this site. You can ignore it

is this amount that i need to pay if you fix the phine
ok i just got in in recovery mode

I'm not the one who fixes the prices in here. The amount you see on the screen is an extra than what you already paid. It is mainly for people who are unable to follow the instructions themselves. If you accept secure remote, then I will connect to your computer and fix the iPhone myself for you while you watch. You will get full refund if I couldn't solve your problem.

If you don't prefer remote service, then you can follow the instructions I sent you to fix it (you will not be charged anything extra than what you already paid). And I will stay with you until we fix the issue

Did you download and install iTunes from here --> https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

i did download the latest 1 ..its now showing iphone recovery mode

Now, click Restore and restore it. it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

my phone is now loading

Let me know how it goes

im stuck on activation lock now

I'm sorry, that is something I don't have control over. You need to enter your Apple ID and password ***** used on your iPhone to activate it. Apple ID would be your email address or the address that is showing there

oh no and i dont know what the apple id is he just left it like this for me to use

Isn't this your iPhone ?

i thit buy it from a friend

You need to call your friend and ask the Apple ID and password. Without the Apple ID and password, it will not allow you to activate it. This is a security feature implemented by Apple.

Or ask your friend to go to www.icloud.com

Login to his Apple ID. Click Find iPhone option and remove this iPhone from there. Then it will be activated automatically

ok

Did you get the Apple ID from your friend ?

his phone is just ringing

Alright, ok. All you have to do is, enter the Apple ID and password ***** the phone will be activated instantly and ready to use.

i now that but now i cant use it

Apple will not allow you to use it until you activate it correct Apple ID.

This is something I don't have any control. Even Apple Store people will not be able to activate it without the correct ID

ok no problem

If you have any questions, let me know

Ashik, Mac Technician