Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Pop up message to sign into icloud - "Enter the Apple ID

Customer Question

Pop up message to sign into icloud - "Enter the Apple ID password ***** (username). This message keeps popping up every second - like an endless loop, and will not let me cancel. I do not remember my Apple ID password, because I don't use Icloud. Would like to cancel out of this message. Can you help?
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: First set it when I got the ipad a couple years ago - have not used it or reset it since.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, have not installed anything recently. We use the ipad only for wi-fi internet and email use (and camera/photos)
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have turned the ipad off (for several hours), and also have reset all settings.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am travelling out of town, and left the ipad charging in the hotel room last night while I was out for a few hours. Came back and unplugged it and this started happening. It also appeared that I had not logged off facebook before plugging in the ipad to charge it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

You need to use computer and reset your apple id password.. Then, enter the new password ***** your ipad.

Lets try the following steps to reset your apple id password, Go to the link below, enter your apple id.

https://iforgot.apple.com/

After entering your apple id, either answer your security questions and reset your password. Or , have an email sent to your email address. Then open your email and click the reset link inside that email to reset your password.

Once you have set a new password. Turn your device off, then back on and try to sign in with the apple id and the new password ***** just set.
If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)