ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a computer technician.
56108293

Well I just read this and I think my situation is hopeless -

Customer Question

Hi well I just read this and I think my situation is hopeless - I was working on a word document and it closed suddenly and since i didn NOT save it is not in autorecover or anywehre on my mac
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: macbook pro os x yosemite
JA: When did you purchase your Macbook? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: went into the library then containers etc. looked in trash did a restart
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my mac is late 2011 and my word is 2016
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just give me the straight news now please
Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to answer this for you.

I'm very sorry to say that if you didn't save the document AND it's not in autorecover, then that version of the document simply no longer exists. If there was a still a file to recover, then the autorecovery feature would have it available.

I'm really sorry and hate to be the bearer of bad news but I certainly don't want you to waste your time looking for it. If you have have any other questions for me, I'll be happy to answer them. Just use the box below.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please just use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer 3 STARS or better to close out our session for now.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Chris - tell the chat person that I just paid you $5 to tell me verbatim what i told her. So why did she set me up to pay? You seem like a nice guy but I feel duped here.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Wait a minute - that was $40 !!! now I know you guys are bandits
I am disputing this
Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 months ago.

Hmm, well the chat is a bot. It's automated, she's not a real person.

The way JustAnswer works is that it's a service that matches up people with questions or issues with independent Experts who can answer those questions. We (the Experts) don't actually work for JustAnswer and we only make money but getting a cut of what you pay.

I believe right now they're having customers pay a $5 initial deposit and then on the next page it shows the full value of the question.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 months ago.

JustAnswer essentially just acts as a matching service. If customers didn't pay anything then there would be no Experts to help anyone, because those Experts wouldn't be getting paid themselves.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 months ago.

You seem to have left the question so at this time I will opt out.