Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

D air has once again desided to split the screen in half

Customer Question

D air has once again desided to split the screen in half when I go to use my safari browser
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: Ios10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not recently but about 3 or 4 months ago iOS 10. Both times The screen has split it's been since I upgraded to ios10
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I can't seem to see anything I can do
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the expert told me how to fix it last time and it worked until now
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com a fee based Answer site. My name is ***** ***** verified Mac Expert not affiliated with Apple. Please reply to continue.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Try holding your finger on the two squares in the upper right. Let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What two squares and where are they
Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

View two pages side-by-side. Turn iPad to landscape orientation, then do one of the following:

Open a link in Split View: Touch and hold the link, then tap Open in Split View.

Open a blank page in Split View: Touch and hold (therwo squares) , then tap Open Split View.

Open a link on the other side of Split View: Tap with two fingers on the link.

Move a tab to the other side of Split View: Drag the tab left or right from the tab bar.

Merge or close all tabs: Touch and hold (the 2 squares) again.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Or Close the tab on the side that you want to eliminate to go back to full screen. https://discussions.apple.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-30749075-756288/1200-900/IMG_3843.JPG