Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have a Powerpoint presentation in my Dropbox which is

I have a Powerpoint...

I have a Powerpoint presentation in my Dropbox which is viewable on my iPad. I want Keynote to recognize this file and be able to show it in Keynote.

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Ios

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I was asked when I connected the ipad to my computer and I said yes, but I don't think they uploaded.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

I just need the ipad to recognize the file.

7/23/2017
Mike, Mac Medic

Welcome to justanswer.com a fee based Answer site. My name is ***** ***** verified Mac Expert not affiliated with Apple. Please reply to continue.

Depending on the Powerpoint version the file is it may need conversion. If you tap on the file in Dropbox to Download it should ask what App you want to open it with... choose Keynote.

Keynote was not on the dropdown menu, even after downloading an update. I wish a better answer or a refund.

I suggest you put it in your Keynote folder in iCloud Drive then try to open it. If you send it to me here I can see what is going on. Click on the paper clip to attach.

I have been testing it if you tap on the pptx file in Dropbox tap make available offline then tap it again to open it in Dropbox you will see three dots in the upper right corner tap them then tap Export and then tap Open In then tap Import with Keynote

Mike, Mac Medic
As I said before it the OSX operating system and has been updated last night. I tried button on keynote and could not find any that let to Keynote. Either I want an answer or a refund.
If I connect my Ipad to the computer, can you make the adjustment?
Mike, Mac Medic