Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am having issues resetting my apple id so that I can reset

Customer Question

I am having issues resetting my apple id so that I can reset my iphone
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: correction -- recover the account -- I have 2 factor auth on the account and my phone is reset and tied to apple id -- which sends the text to the phone (which cannot receive the text).
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I entered the password ***** too many times and it reset the phone -- when starting the process to setup the phone -- it states that the phone is connected with my apple id.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Called telephone support opened an incident to recover the apple id - on thursday
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 3 months ago.

Did you try the option of resetting the Apple ID by answering security questions?