Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

My i phone (i think its a six) has shut down and it feels

Customer Question

My i phone (i think its a six) has shut down and it feels very hot, I have removed it from the case. what should I do?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: I don't know
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: sorry wrong product
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: can you help me with my Iphone?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Don't worry as it should be fine. I left mine in the car on a 100 degree day and it actually said a message on the screen stating it is to hot to function so I had to wait a while before it cooled down. You can put it next to a fan and its good that you took the cover off. If it does not later turn on on its own you can try the following. I will include different models of iphone since I am not for sure which one you are speaking of.

First try and force restart by doing the following:

• On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

then if that does not work you can try and connect it to your computer and open itunes on your computer. Sometimes this wakes it up.

Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally. Plus, in this case we can not remote into mobile devices anyways so we can chat through these messages instead.

Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

If those things do not work you can try and put the phone into recovery mode with using your computer and itunes as well. The instructions for that is as follows:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing either step 4 or 5 depending on the model of your phone.
  4. On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
  5. On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
  6. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.

If that does not work try charging the phone for 1 hour. After a few minutes, you should see the charging screen. If you don't see the charging screen within an hour, or you see the connect to power screen, check the jack, USB cable, and power adapter. Make sure that everything is plugged in firmly, free of debris, and not damaged. You might want to try a different USB cable or power adapter.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.