Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I use Quark 9.5.4 and I have trouble with the resolution of

I use Quark 9.5.4 and I have trouble with the resolution of images when importing PDF's, JPEG's, EPS, Tiff etc. What format can I use to get a good resolution on my image?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Mac
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only when they come up for me to install
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to get the images to look good

Welcome to justanswer.com a fee based Answer site. My name is ***** ***** verified Mac Expert not affiliated with Apple. Please reply to continue.

It is probably just the display Preferences the images will most likely print fine...

Follow these steps to view images at full resolution for an entire layout:

1. Go to QuarkXPress > Preferences (Windows: Edit > Preferences) and select the Full Res Preview pane.
  2. Set the Maximum Cache Folder Size to 2048.
  3. Select All Full Resolution Previews under the Display Full Resolution Previews for: option.
  4. Click OK.

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question for no extra charge. Thanks!!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Mike you mention in step one for windows, but I have a Mac as listed in my question
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not if it costs an extra $40

Sorry same thing go to Quark / Preferences / Full Res Preview

That was not from me please ignore...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Mike, how do I get the preview resolution to go from gray to black so I can check to see what was checked

I don't understand what you mean if the pictures are grayscale they will be grayscale, color will be color there is no black??? Can you clarify?

The format has nothing to do with the resolution the resolution can be anything with any format...

That was from me maybe I need to see what you are referring to.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was looking at the preview resolution under the item tab in Quark like what you sent to me. The word preview resolution is gray and I would like to see if it is set at low resolution or high. I was wondering how I can get it to change from gray to black to check it.
http://www.planetquark.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/image12.jpg

Oh you have to highlight a picture before you choose that option

To make ALL previews full resolution use this option: http://www.planetquark.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/image22-e1281545691191.jpg

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is the picture/image I am working with and to highlight it I tried clicking and dragging but that didn't work. Any Ideas? I can't seem to paste my image, I don't imagine the things below will open/Users/marktheno/Desktop/Sweet Dreams Front.jpg/ Users/marktheno/Desktop/Sweet Dreams Front.jpg.zip

No I can't access that you will need to Accept the Premium service offer so we can communicate privately then I can see what the resolution of your photo is.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They have been printing with much better resolution like you said, but would be nice to see the higher resolution

Using the computer that has the issue, click on the link below and when the webpage opens click on Join your Session, then select Download and allow the app to run. If you get a message saying "identity cannot be confirmed” or “Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers” go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy / select the General tab and at the bottom click on Open Anyway, then look for my messages on your screen: http://mikethemacmedic.com:8040/?Session=bbe1580d-279b-4920-b44e-039a01df2d5e

I sent you an email