Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

It turn on briefly then turns off. It will not turn on again

Customer Question

It turn on briefly then turns off. It will not turn on again unless it sits plugged in for about a half hour then the same thing happens. It is a MACBook Air. This just started this morning after it was left on last night by mistake, feel asleep at macbook.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Less than five years, not sure of the OS. I think it is up to date.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Disconnected power. The lit on the power cord is was green, was red. The power button does not seem to respond after the first shut down.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Feel asleep last night watching a video. Put it on pause but did not close it down. Did try to hold power button down for 10 seconds but there was no reaction.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tim replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tim and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense.

Sounds like it May have over heated - One of the internal fans may have died, if you feel alseep with it on your lap, or clothing/bed, that could easily cause this, since the intakes are not getting enough air in to cool it -