Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I changed cable companies and had to reset my IPad. I use my

Customer Question

I changed cable companies and had to reset my IPad. I use my Email address as my ID but I have forgotten my password. I have used every one I have but none will work the activation lock. How do I set a new passwoed/
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: My son gave me this IPad about 2 years ago
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none, I went to your website to try to change it myself. but I am lousy at this type of thing
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I just need a new password. thank you
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 8 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is your iPad showing something like the following "This iPad is currently linked to an Apple ID ([email protected]****.com or n****@icloud.com, etc.). Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPad." If yes, do you recognize that exact email address?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Besides the iPad, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
if it will not accept my current email address, then I do not remember the email address I have 2years ago when I was given the ipad

Can you please tell me part of the email address, if any, currently showing on your iPad's screen? And/or just tell me everything currently showing on your iPad's screen.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
my ipad will take my current email address, it will not accept what I think is my password

Please do not enter any email address; just do not enter anything on your iPad for now.

Can you please tell me everything that is currently showing on your iPad's screen?

Besides the iPad, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 7 days ago.

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,