Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am unable to charge my phone. the charger does not stay…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to charge my phone. the charger does not stay into the phone and I have no juice. I charged my phone with no problems this morning. What could be the problem? I have an Iphone 6

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Ios

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No I haven't

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Not much I can do, the charger doesn't stay on the iphone

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my iphone is off because I have very little juice
7/14/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 year ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Is it the Apple Charger that came with your iPhone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no additional questions other than what I stated in the beginning I charged my phone during the day and now that I have almost no juice can't charge it, the charger does not stay in the phone
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how could you remote assist if my phone is off and hardly have any juice?

That is automated.

Can you clean out the port?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you mean without me turning my iphone on? and what is the guarantee it will be fixed?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's clean I used it today. maybe something is wrong with the port
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you send me a picture of a port. I never noticed some white lines on both sides
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you still there?

I am still here.

Does the cable go all the way in the hole?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok so what do you suggest
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no it does not
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
at first it looks like it would stay and immediately comes off

Then there is something in the port. If you have q-tips cut the cotton end off and use the plastic end to remove the debris.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that doesn't fit into the whole
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't think you can help

It should it is what I have always used to clean out the charging port when I worked for Apple.

The point is that you need to clean out the port. It is blocked. Once that is resolve you will be able to charge you iPhone.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but the q tip does not fit.

Did you cut the fuzzy end off?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
of course I did

Do you have a paper clip?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, but found something else that fits. But still it doesn't stay
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's probably the port. ok I will disconnect. do I get a refund?

I am not a why you are so eager to get a refund, but whatever. You need to get the port clean. That is the answer. I have worked for Apple long enough to know. There is no other way for it t be. Have your refund!