Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

This morning I found a message on my iPhone 6 that said App

Customer Question

Hi, this morning I found a message on my iPhone 6 that said App Store had a detected 6 viruses on my iPhone and to down something that would get rid of the viruses--was this true or a scam?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: I have iPhone 6s that I purchased at apple store
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Today was first message--I just received the message and wasn't sure it was geniune
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Otho g
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 13 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a fake message. It is a scam, so please do not follow any instructions in it. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the Settings app icon on your iPhone.
  2. There, tap on Safari option (if needed, scroll down (on the left) first.)
  3. Then tap on the option Clear History and Website Data (if needed, scroll down (on the right) first.)
  4. Then tap on the option Clear.
  5. Open Safari app, and it should work now.
  6. But if it does not work, then on your iPhone, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, and check.
    - If needed, try steps 1 to 5 above again, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Please always ignore any message that you do not know or that you are not expecting. The popup message issue usually occurs when you tap on bad website link or advertisement or a bad email attachment. Using my steps above should resolve the popup message issue.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

For more information about this kind of scams, please click on the website below:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8071

Is there still any issue with your iPhone? And/or do you need anything else for now?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,