Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

All of a sudden, I cannot get any sounds on my computer.

Customer Question

HI. All of a sudden, I cannot get any sounds on my computer. Also, there is no icon for at the top of the menu bar. I tried to follow all instructions about input, output, etc, but I cannot solve this. can you help?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: it's an imac, 21.5" screen, late 2012; operating system is OS Sierra 10.12.5
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not to my knowledge.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: from the help menu....trying tro see the input, output pane
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First reset the System Management Controller of your Mac. Follow the steps below;

Shut down the computer.

Unplug the power cord and also disconnect all other devices.

Wait 20 seconds.

Attach the power cord.

Wait five seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer.

Reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac. Follow the steps below;

Shut down your Mac

Restart and immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R keys at the same time

Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for two or three times or for 3 seconds.

Release the keys and let the Mac boot up.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.