Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

It is stuck in "searching" mode. Original msg was "no SIM

Customer Question

It is stuck in "searching" mode. Original msg was "no SIM card", then went to "no service", then back to searching. Bought new SIM card and replaced. Still in searching mode and now it looks like I don't have wifi connection.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: IPhone 5
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Started last week. Called Consumer Cellular today. They are the ones that suggested change in card.
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 3 months ago.

With the Sim card in the iphone, you can first try and do the following:

• Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that does not work, please try the 2 steps below.

Set the time manually on the iphone and then connect to wifi and then shutdown your phone and turn back on. Here is how:

1. First set the time (if the instructions do not work for setting the date, please let me know what version of the iOS you are using. To find the version go to Settings>general>about>version)

• Open "Settings". From the home screen, tap on the Settings icon. ...
  • Tap "General". ...
  • Tap “Date & Time.” ...
  • Swipe left on the automatic date and time. ...
  • Select your time zone. ...
  • Change the date and time. ...
  • Swipe down from the top of your phone screen. ...
  • Tap Today.

2. Then shutdown and turn back on by doing the following:

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears.
  • Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  • After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Expert:  Jon replied 3 months ago.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions that I previously posted? Please let me know if I can further assist at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for your time.