Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I got a new iphone 7+ and want to restore from icloud. When…

Customer Question
Hi, i got a...

Hi, i got a new iphone 7+ and want to restore from icloud. When i choose the backup i want, it starts downloading but the estimated time remaining keeps increasing and it doesnt progress. Tried this several times.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Im not sure i just got the phone

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your iPhone? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I recieved the phone in the mail yesterday. I have tried starting the process over and the same thing kept happening

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
6/28/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 11 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

thank you

The most frequent cause for this issue is being too far away from the Wi-Fi source or the connection itself being too "noisy".

I recommend moving your phone closer to the Wi-Fi router and/or restarting your router before attempting the process again.

If you have access to a another Wi-Fi source you should also verify the problem still exists outside of your own network.

If you still have problems after the above, Please let me know the version of iOS installed on the iPhone:

From the Home screen;

tap Settings

tap General

tap About

On the About screen, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. When we are finished, please give my answers a positive rating so I will be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,