Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I need to reset my password....I forgot my old password.

Customer Question
Last nite I had a...
I need to reset my password....I forgot my old password. Last nite I had a password ***** but when I used it I was told it was not a valid password. Please HELP!
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: When I visited the Apple store in Glendale, California...but, I had my IPAD. Could I have a different password ***** my IPAD and desktop Apple?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I see, this morning, that there are some updates that could not be installed automatically. If Apple installed any, automatically I didn't know of any.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went to the site listed on the list of places to reset my password, but they say it will take days to reset it. When the person reset it, when I was at the Apple store, they reset it right there. I am confused because now I can't receive a password ***** I really need one now because I have a person at AOL that is cleaning up a AOL problem, but I can't give him a Apple password.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
6/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Was the site that you used to try to reset the Apple password https://iforgot.apple.com/?

If you tried the official Apple site to reset the password, and were unsuccessful, fortunately you can call APPLE support (1-***-***-****) and provide personal information including full name on account, address, possibly date of birth, etc, to prove your identity. After you have done this they can assist you with a code, and/or password *****

You can also choose to start the process online and set up a time for them to call you if there is currently a wait.

https://expresslane.apple.com/

If you have any other questions or need more help, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal.

I am still having a problem. I need a new password ***** give to AOl so they can correct some problems I gave them. JUST ANSWER gave me a temporary password ***** I gave AOL this password, and....it came back as an invalid password. Apple is going from giving me one problem after another. How do I receive a valid password, to give to AOL, NOW!
You want $39 and JUST ANSWER wants $36...just to give me a APPLE password! NO to both. Forget it...I will go to the Apple store in Glendale where they have people that can get me the answer I nee NOW! So far, no one can give me the answer on how to give me a new Apple password...NOW!

I'm sorry that you are upset. If you had actually read through the instructions that I provided, you could have either reset your password ***** or called the number that I provided to get the fastest possible help with your Apple password. The offers that you saw for additional services (SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE for $39) are automatically generated by the website and completely optional. In your case, they wouldn't have been helpful and were unnecessary. Again, I'm sorry that you're upset. Have a nice afternoon and evening!

You can drop me off your list to help.....I had my 16 year old grandson fix it for me. For FREE!
Alison couldn't obtain my Apple password, she wanted me to call someone else, so she gave me a phone number. And they wanted $36, with no guarantee.
I don't need anyone else...read my prior message!
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 5 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

I apologize for the long wait.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Josh, Mac Support