Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My phone is disabled after I activated finger print ID, ios

Customer Question

my phone is disabled after I activated finger print ID
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: ios iphone 6
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: restart, etc. my numerical typed in id is rejected too
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was the passcode forgotten? Please try the following fix:

Solution #1:

1. Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB Cable.
  3. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    - Note: You can click on the small circle icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program on the computer in order to see the download progress.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JY750KUmk

- Do you also have a Windows or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Solution #2:

1. From a working device, such as a computer, or tablet or smartphone, go to the website below:
    https://www.icloud.com/find
  2. There, sign in with your Apple ID account (using the email address associated with your iPhone.)
  3. Then click on the option All Devices at the top, then click on your iPhone device, if shown.
  4. Then if it finds your iPhone, i.e., if it does not show Offline, then click on option Erase... to erase it, and its passcode for now. Follow the instructions to erase it for now.
  5. Once that is done successfully, then check your iPhone, and follow the on-screen instructions to re-set up your iPhone and if prompted, select the option to restore from iCloud.

- If it does not work, please try the first solution above.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, what's the make / model of your computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,