Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

It went dead. The screen shows an it, iPhone 7 Plus- about 3

Customer Question

It went dead. The screen shows an it
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: iPhone 7 Plus- about 3 months old. New. should I just unplug it for awhile?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About 10 minutes ago- I plugged it into my iMac desktop to recharge it and it quit.
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so...
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. On your new iPhone 7 Plus, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Volume Down button together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Note: The Power (on/off) button is located on the right side, and the Volume Down button is located on the left side.

; (If it's an older iPhone model, you would hold both the Power button and Home button (which is right below the screen.)

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Does it do anything when you keep holding the Power and Volume Down button on your iPhone 7 Plus for a long time?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,