Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I meed to update my ipad and mac computer but cannot seem to

Customer Question

I meed to update my ipad and mac computer but cannot seem to find out how
JA: How old is your iPad, and what model are you using?
Customer: I dont know the model but it is about 5 years old
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No but i want to
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I got an email telling me to update but cannot see how to!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

This email you received is a scam. This person was not working for Apple and Apple would never email you for this.
This is what is known as "phishing" it is can be a very serious problem if you do let them access your computer.
Basically what they will do is email a lot of people and say that you have problems and need to up=date.

They then give you a link which infects your devices and is used to obtain your personal details and information

Always remember, no tech support company would email you. Updates are done automatically and you get a message in the device itself about it, never an email

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.