Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My iPhone deleted my Contacts icon No icon on the screen.

Customer Question

My iPhone deleted my Contacts icon No icon on the screen. How do I restoreIt?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: iOS
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no not recently. And its not letting me send my message to you
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tred to find it in app store no luck. went into settings to Contacts but nothing there. that's it
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is possible that you've accidentally deleted that application. Let's check if it is there or not. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Home Screen Layout. If the Contacts app is there somewhere, then this will bring it to its default place.

If it didn't bring it back, that means you've deleted it somehow. You can redownload it. To redownload, open App Store. In App Store, just search "Contacts" (without quotes) and this will bring that app. Tap the cloud button or GET button next to it and it will be downloaded.

Please let me know if that didn't work, we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.