Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I need to reformat my photos to 12 meg size and over 500

Customer Question

I need to reformat my photos to 12 meg size and over 500 pixels to display them on ebay - can this be done from iphoto
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?
Customer: iOS 10.3.2 - although I'm trying to do they on my mac
JA: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive tried adobe photoshop unsuccessfully and I have just been googling to try and find an answer. Each time I upload a photo to ebay it gets rejected
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO - thats the only thing I'm having trouble with
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Photoshop allows you to reduce the size. What version of Photoshop do you have on your Mac ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
CS6
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'd like to know the actual steps I need to take from taking the photo from the desktop and altering it to fit the ebay regulations
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

I will send instructions. Please wait a few minutes

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

You can do this with Photoshop. Open Photoshop and open the photos in it. Then in Photoshop, click on Image menu and select Image Size. Change the resolution to 72 to something lower. Close it and "Savs As" as JPEG. While saving, it will ask you to set the size and you will see the approximate file size as well. Choose the one that you need.

If you have only a few images, then you can use these online tools to reduce the size

http://imageresize.org/

http://www.picresize.com/

You can also do this with iPhoto as well, but iPhoto will not give advanced options like Photoshop. In iPhoto, click on the photo or select the photos, click on File menu and select Export. You will see the resize options in Export screen.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll give it a try now - thank you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is the image size the pixel dimensions or the document size. just don't what pixel width to put in or document size width and height and resolution
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
this is the message I got from ebay when I tried to attach the converted photo
Unsupported file format (FF002)
couch image 1.jpg
The file is not supported by eBay. Please remove it and upload only JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF or BMP files.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

It is saying error about file format. What is the format of file ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

The document size is the image size. Reducing resolution will reduce the image size. Then click on File menu and select "Save As". Choose JPEG and choose 8 for Quality/size. Then save it and does eBay accept that file ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Also, can you try with another image ?

Also, try the websites I sent you. This will rewrite the image in to another format