Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I cannot close out maps and it is drawing my battery fast!

Customer Question

JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: Sierra
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: we had problems with malware a few days ago and tech got me out of that not sure about updates
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: cannot get t - wonder if it is locked about which i know nothing. I am referring to my I Phone not computer
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: cannot remove opened programs from bottom of screen where usually I can mke them close by tapping twice to bring the little marking which with light tap takes away the icon of whatever programs I do it to
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

If you already tried to "close" the maps app by double tapping the home button and then swipping the maps app away and that did not work, then you can try a force restart by doing the following:

• On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.