GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I have been trying for quite some time now to retrieve my

Customer Question

Hi Mike, I have been trying for quite some time now to retrieve my password ***** I have forgotten and I keep having to go throught the whole process and it tells me they will contact me when done. this is a couple of weeks or more now. Why can I not just reset my password ***** all is done. I can not get into icloud either because of this. Help I am very frustrated.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I do not remember? I thought recently on my ipad, but for some reason my ipad required a different password ***** my Mac???
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: on my ipads.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I havae gone into the site numerous times to retain my apple id or password ***** now they locked me out??? They never reply back that they have done it.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I just want to be able to reset my password ***** my apple id. my Id I thought was***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Your Apple id and password ***** used for all Apple products including iTunes, and iCloud. Your ID is usually an email address. Please go to https://appleid.apple.com. Click on FORGOT APPLE ID OR PASSWORD. Enter your email address and then type in the letters that you see in the CAPTCHA box. Click on CONTINUE and then follow the instructions on the screen to reset your password. choose to either have instructions sent to you via email, or choose "answer security questions" whichever you prefer. This SHOULD allow you to regain access to your account.

However, since you indicated that you have already tried all of these steps, please call 1-***-***-****. If you can provide correct personal information (like the full name on account, address, date of birth, etc) to verify your identity, then they will be able to reset your password ***** you and restore access to your account.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!