Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

My ipad is disabled from trying different passwords. Forgot

my ipad is disabled from trying different passwords. Forgot it. Am not great with computors. Older. What do I do?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: logitech ipad2 keyboard & case
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just trying different passwords that I have used. It now says disabled.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not know anything else to tell

Hi there, I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. Sorry to hear about your issue.

What you can do is a Factory Reset of the iPad through recovery mode. You would need to use a PC with iTunes installed, would you like to proceed I can provide step by step instructions?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am so confused now ......why I need a lawyer......I don't know what to do. Cancel everything. I'll just go to the apple store.

Must have been confusion from the site. However you have reached the right category I am experienced Mac tech that can assist you with your issue.

Remote session isn't very necessary for this issue. I am not able to remote into an iPad or a PC or Mac.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When

I will provide you instructions on how to do the reset. Give me a moment to list it.

Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience: 4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

Hi! I am Justin. I have accepted your request for Remote Assistance.

Do you have a computer you can plug your iPad into?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ours is a Chromebook, how does it connects

Do you have any other computer. Windows or Mac?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No

Do you have a friend with a Mac or a PC. We will need to plug it into to a Windows or a Mac to continue. The Chromebook is not really a "computer".

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We will have to get back to you.

Ok