Shefin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I suddenly cannot print from my macbook pro to my HP office

Customer Question

I suddenly cannot print from my macbook pro to my HP office jet 4650 printer. Its worked fine till a day ago. I've shut down my laptop, and the printer, and started again, without success. Any suggestions?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Laptop is 4 years old, sorry I can't answer which operating system. (Obviously I should know that)
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I installed an update for my Epson projector.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: So far the only thing I've done is contact you!
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>