Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

HOW I CAN ACTIVATE A USED IPAD I BOUGHT IN A SECOND HANDS,

Customer Question
HOW I CAN ACTIVATE...
HOW I CAN ACTIVATE A USED IPAD I BOUGHT IN A SECOND HANDS
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: CAN I CALL THE TECHNICIAN PLEASE
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO I CANT
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ASKED ME FOR APPLE ID AND PASS WORD
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ONLY THIS
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
5/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 6 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

What is the exact message you get on the iPad and from exactly where did you purchase it from?

I PURCHASE IT IN THE SECOND HAND WHEN I TURN IT ON I SEE A MESSAGE TO PUT MY APPLE ID AND MY PASS WORD AND I DONT HAVE
NO

ok, please do not shoot the messenger, but the only way to bypass this is to get the details from the person that sold it to you

If they will not give you this is will likely mean it has been stolen.

Apple has implemented this to stop the market of stolen devices, and if you have a seller not willing to give this information, this is what it will mean.

there is no way at all to bypass this, apart from entering in the correct infomation.

I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU YOU DONT SAY ME NOTHING

please do not shoot the messenger, but the only way to bypass this is to get the details from the person that sold it to you

there is no way at all to bypass this, apart from entering in the correct information.

I would report it to the police if the seller does not give the information as right now the owner will be able to track your location via his / her device.

JUST GIVE IT BACK TO THE SALLER WHAT DO YOU THINK

yes, and demand your money back else you report it as stolen to the police, unless of course they can give you the Apple ID and Password ***** unlock it

But in my experience when you have this situation, it is nearly always stolen.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

IM NOT SATISFIED

ok, ill opt out for someone else then

I'm not satisfied and I don't want to take the money in my account
No I don't want other technician as well
Richard, Apple Software Engineer