Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

Morning ....Question...I bought my cousin a Apple I5 for

Customer Question

Morning Mike....Question...I bought my cousin a Apple I5 for Christmas..I did not get any other additional insurance.. He had an accident last nite and phone fell face down in the driveway..Shattered screen...Is this covered under the 1 year warranty from Apple? If so What has to be done..I have the receipt when I bought it at Walmart 12/20.. Please advise..Thank you
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: I don't know...
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I'm sure he has
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Scattered screen, there is nothing i can do
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

No it is not sorry, the warranty only covers defects in the phone, not when the damage has been caused by the user.

But to replace the screen, you are best to use Mission Repair, they are the best price and quality for this.

You call them on 1-***-***-**** and organize and agree on a price then send it in, they will repair it and send it back.

This is the best way to get this resolved.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you