Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have an I phone 5. My data stopped working, My carrier

Customer Question
says I need an ATN...
I have an I phone 5. My data stopped working, My carrier says I need an ATN name to fix the problem. Can you help. Jim Colomb
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: 10.3.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Called carrier. I am a novice with tech. We have a new sim card but no luck
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need help
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
5/15/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 6 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Please go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings.

Tell me if you then get data please

no data

Which carrier do you use?

I need Help to get my data to work. Thanks Jim Colomb

Which carrier do you use?

Trac Phone

thanks

Click on my link below

https://www.tracfone.com/apn

And follow the settings to set the APN on the phone that it tells you

Let me know the results please

says the phone does not need to be reset to APN

what is the phone number you entered?

my payment info is correct

Go to settings, Cellular, is Cellular Data turned on?

ok, then it is not the APN or phone but that you have no data services enabled on the account

Call them on 1-***-***-****

Inform them data is on and that the APN is not the issue and to check your account for data services

Let me know the results please

thank you

I have been on the phone with them for several days and many hours. They seem not to be able to fix the data. The phone works, and wifi works.

Yes, and data is on and the APN is correct, but the only step left is to do a full reset of the phone.

This will remove all your data and return it to new, but we cannot avoid this, so backup any data first.

then go to settings, general, reset, erase all content and reset settings

Let this complete and when it has, setup the phone and tell me if it then connects please

I reset the phone and still can not access the data network. Says I am not subscribed to a cellular data network. My plan with trac phone shows that I am.

Thanks, ***** ***** can only be with Tracfone, I know it is frustrating and you have had contact with them for many days but this is where the issue is.

In effect you have a brand new phone, and it would now work if the phone was at fault.

Call them and tell them everything we did here and they must see this, if not ask to speak to their supervisor as this is where the issue lies.

Richard, Apple Software Engineer