Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Why it appears after updating to Photos from iphoto, Which I

don't get why Mac did...
Why it appears after updating to Photos from iphoto, Which I don't get why Mac did that. As Photos seems to run so slowly compared to iphoto. It takes forever for pictures to appear when inserting a memory card with new ones and a long time to upload to photos compared to before I "upgraded" from iphoto. Yet some reviews state its fast. Though I am still confused by the main reason that lead to this move.
5/15/2017
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Is it currently uploading your photos to icloud?

I haven't used icloud for a while.I was uploading from my memory card into Photos

Photos if you are signed in will sync with iCloud. Do you have that setting turned on?

I don't think so. We don't want to pay extra to expand icloud storage space therefore we turned off automatic update as there is no more space for it to do so.

Make sure:

On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then deselect iCloud Photo Library. On your Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud and under Photos press Select to turn off iCloud Photo

Thanks I will do that.

Did this resolve the issue?

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
I believe so
But it's still slow. Compared to iPhoto
Sorry for taking long to respond.
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius