Freddy
Freddy, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist, Apple and Microsoft Certified specialist
98596558

How do I increase (purchase) more space on my startup disk

Customer Question

How do I increase (purchase) more space on my startup disk on my macbook...?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: macbook pro retina 2012, osx yosemite
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't recall; I usually have it done automatically, so perhaps yes and I forgot.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none. I don't even know what my startup disk is.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes; I was told I had no more photo space, so I deleted approx. 3000 photos, and still it showed the same number of remaining photos.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Freddy replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Freddy replied 2 months ago.

For increasing your start up disk you need buy new hdd and go to local service and install it into your macbook. Before you will do this, you need backup all your data. Also you can install this drive as additional if requirements of your mac allowe this
On another way, you can use external hard drive, on this drive you can transfer some photos from your mac, so you free up some space on your startup disk.

Expert:  Freddy replied 2 months ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.