Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My ipad3 could not be unlocked. IOS. I could not use the

Customer Question

my ipad3 could not be unlocked
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: iOS
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I could not use the ipad any more since I could not unlock the device to start the ipad
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
when I switched on my ipad 3, there is no response to start the ipad after I try to slide to unlock the ipad.
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

Okay do you have access to a computer with itunes installed, I can talk you through recovering the ipad?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

you will need access to a compute to which you can connect the ipad in order to perform the reset.