Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

I need vertical titles in Keynote, but cannot find a

Customer Question

I need vertical titles in Keynote, but cannot find a resource for help. The text needs to be vertically stacked, but each letter in normal orientation (not rotated 90 degrees). any ideas?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: Sierra 10.12..4
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes... last evening
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Looking for blogs on the web. This is a simple task in PowerPoint... one mouse click. But I cannot find anything in Keynote
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this point
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 4 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

If you click on the text box once to select it, and then put the cursor over the square boxes at the left or right edge of the text box, the cursor should change to double-ended arrows. Does this happen? If so, then when you hold down the command key, the double-ended arrows should be curved, and you could then hold down the mouse button and drag to rotate. Also, you can select the text box and then use the Metrics Inspector palette to rotate the object.

Regards
Jins