Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

I have a new IPhone 6 as my previous phone was stolen,

Customer Question

I have a new IPhone 6 as my previous phone was stolen
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: system is asking for me to enter pass code number but I do not know the number
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: new phone g
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: afraid to try anything-brand new phone
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** me to briefly go over your original question so I don't miss any details.

Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

Don't worry, you can bypass the passcode number without knowing it. You just need to plug in your phone to a computer that has itunes installed so that you can restore the iphone back to factory settings. Here is how:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes. If you need to download you can go to https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, maybe borrow one from a friend
  3. While your device is connected, force restart it with these steps:
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.

If this helps in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps to let others know that I am here to help. If not, please let me know how I can further assist.

Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

Step 3 is very important as the force restart should put the phone into the recovery mode screen as seen in this screen shot which is attached to this message.

Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

It has been a several days without a response. You can either respond to the question when you are ready to continue or you can close/opt-out of your question.

Thanks.