John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I have 10.9 software and need 10.10. The problem is the

Customer Question

Hello! I have 10.9 software and need 10.10. The problem is the password ***** Apple/Itunes/App store. It rejected mine and whne I tried to reset it, it told me it would be 2-3 DAYS to retrieve. Of course I need to do this work now.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

How did you previously attempt to reset the password, as it should not normally take that long?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I put in what I thought was my password, a red message came up about: bad sign-in" and did I forget my pw? Well, yes. So I proceeded from there. Until the credit card part. That's where things went down-hill. Entering the wrong card info, it kicked me off and told me about the 2-3 days retrieval time. I've since received via text an Apple ID Verification Code.

Ok, if you're still having trouble you should do the following from a computer.

You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Email authentication followed by Next.

Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

Once you have the ID and password, and can sign in to the above site you should also be able to update any needed info such as credit card, etc...

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. When we are finished, please give my answers a positive rating so I will be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,