Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I bought a USB super drive and it seems simple but its not

Customer Question

I bought a USB super drive and it seems simple but its not working so I must be doing something wrong...the DVD won't go in
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: think sierra
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing as this seems absurdly easy...what would I try
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

You should simply have to connect the drive to the mac via USB and then push the disk gently into the slot.